Extensive experience closely linked with Planning, Implementation, Operation, Development and growth of the Telecommunication Business Sector with the following highlights of major achievements:
1. Responsible for the introduction of GSM mobile technology in Batelco in 1995 that has contributed to more 200% increase in Gross Revenues since its deployment in the Bahrain Market.
2. Instrumental in the development and the execution of the Submarine Fibre Optic Gulf (FOG) Cable Project worth $80 million of capital investment in 1997 linking Bahrain with Qatar, UAE and Kuwait.
3. The champion responsible for the construction of the prestigious Batelco Commercial Centre (BCC) building in Manama in 1998 worth US $15 million and US $ 10 million for the Technical infrastructure consisting of transmission, switching and power plant equipment.
4. Responsible for the early introduction of a number of automation projects for effective customer services for example Quickserve (Bill Payment) machines, Batelco eShop (sServices), Payment through the Interactive Voice Response system (IVR).
5. Responsible for the establishment of modern Batelco retail outlets throughout the Kingdom of Bahrain.
6. Responsible for many provision of service and restoration of service automation ideas and systems for effective customer services. Also responsible for the introduction of the customer charter which was one of the main reasons for Batelco to be granted MEED award for excellence.
7. Being the Chairman of Batelco Business Intelligence Steering Committee I have ensured the successful implementation of the Enterprise Data Warehouse project in 2002 with a capital expenditure of US $ 5 Million approx.
8. Responsible for a number of Network Services projects worth not less than US $ 20 million per year over the period 1991-1995 .For Example Intelligent Network (IN) for prepaid services, Maritime Coast Station , many Switching and Transmission systems and the associated buildings to house such systems .
9. Other main programs and projects that have been under my responsibilities before 1991 were : Mobile Automatic Telephone System (MATS), Fibre Optic Cable across the King Fahad Causeway linking Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, Security System Project, a number of Microwave links across Bahrain, Many Fibre Optic Cable systems used in the Bahrain Transmission Network .
10. Proud of efforts in the personal development of my staff and managers of different nationalities, most of whom held senior positions in Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, UK, Japan and elsewhere.
• Strategic Leadership Team (SLT)
• Operational Management Team
• Capital Review Board (CRB)
• Steering Committee Member of B9 eProcurement Project
• Chairman of Business Intelligence Steering Committee (BISC)
• Batelco Toastmasters Club Executive Committee
• Work Stream Leader (Project Get ready) – Network and Wholesale
• Chairman of CRM Steering Committee
• Member of the Organizational Development Team (ODT)